Long days on the water require lightweight and lasting sun protection for your entire crew. We’ve compiled a list of the best sunscreens of summer 2020 so that you’re protected for any and all your boating adventures, whether you’re going for a daysail, racing, catching stripers, or just laying out on the flybridge.
FOR ALL OVER
Not only do these come in a variety of sizes and blockage, but they smell incredible too.
- Supergoop! PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 50 with Sunflower Extract – the 18 oz. bottle is perfect to leave on the boat and will last all summer – $22.00 to $58.00
- Sun Bum Original SPF 15 Sunscreen Spray – $15.99
- Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport High Performance SPF 30 Sunscreen – $8.92
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protector Lotion SPF 50+ Sunscreen – $25.00 to $49.00
Not just for summer, but works round the year, 365 x 24/7.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 60 Sunscreen – $19.99
- Supergoop! Glow Stick SPF 50 Sunscreen – $25.00
- COOLA Sun Silk Drops SPF 30 Organic Sunscreen – $46.00
- Jack Black Oil Free SPF 45 Sun Guard – $21.00
Nothing is worse than a cracked, dry lip meeting the spray of sea water.
- Solid & Striped Sun Balm SPF 45 – $14.00
- Vanicream Lip Protectant SPF 30 – $5.55
- Sun Bum Lip Balm SPF 30 – $3.99 to $9.99
- Kiehl’s Butterstick Lip Treatment SPF 30 – subtle color – $24.00
We often forget to protect our hands, but this is one of the first places to show aging and sun spots.
- Eucerin Daily Hydration Hand Cream with SPF 30 – $6.70
- Ouray UV Fingerless Sun Gloves SPF 50+ – $26.00
- Supergoop! Hand Screen SPF 40 – $14.00 to $38.00
- Gloves in a Bottle Shielding Sunscreen SPF 15 (2 pack) – $23.95
FOR AFTER SUN
Cool down at sundown.
- OUAI After Sun Body Soother – $25.00
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion – $6.92
- Herbivore After Sun Aloe Mist – $20.00
- Aveda Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser – $24.00
Get a tan the healthy way and keep that blockage on all summer long!
Swear by a sunscreen and don’t see it on our list? Comment below to share your favorite.